Spencer Waste Water Treatment Plant
We are diligently working on tighter regulations for the Spencer Waste Water Treatment Plant. QQLA's initiative involves input into the NPDES permitting of the plant. The plant has now gone over two years without a permit.
Read More >
We are working to have 18 inches added to the flow barrier between North and South Ponds.
Along with all the work, there are some fun things coming up for this year:
- the annual Winter Social on February 7
- the Earth Day lakeside clean-up in April
- the Spring illumination and Picnic on Memorial Day Weekend
- the Boat Parade and Breakfast on the Beach over July 4th
- the Annual Meeting in August
- the Kayak Poker run in September
Click here for a PDF of the July, 2014 QQLA newsletter.
Past News >
Welcome to QQLA
QQLA is a volunteer, non-profit organization of nearly 200 member families dedicated to preserving and protecting the quality of our two lakes (Quaboag and Quacumquasit are better known as North and South Ponds, and are located in Brookfield, East Brookfield and Sturbridge Massachusetts) and the surrounding watershed through the promotion of responsible, effective environmental policies.
Maintain healthy lake environment and water quality though regular water testing.
* Monitor for invasive vegetation species, algae, and phosphorus and other pollutants.
* Use best practices to manage water quality issues.
* Educate the lake community on best environmental practices.
* Communicate and coordinate our activities with the three towns, Brookfield, East Brookfield and Sturbridge and the Mass DEP.
* Foster and encourage a sense of community for QQLA members.
* Monitor water flow direction.
* Participate with East Brookfield in the operation of the flow barrier to prevent high water backflow into South Pond.
We invite you to tour this website and learn more about QQLA activities and encourage your involvement in QQLA.